On this page, you can find links to web sites dealing with:
- Mary Shelley and/or her novel Frankenstein
- Romantic or Gothic literature in general
- Mary Shelley's relatives
- the (authors of) literary works that are referred to in Frankenstein
All these links will open a new window in your browser.
Mary Shelley and/or her novel Frankenstein
- Mary Shelley and Frankenstein
A very extensive and informative site about Mary Shelley.
Romantic or Gothic Literature
- The Gothic: Materials for Study
A very informative web site with articles about the Gothic style of writing, such as the intriguing "The Female Gothic".
- The Gothic Literature Page
A web site which provides you with the basic characteristics about Gothicism as well as a lot of links to other sites dealing with the Gothic.
- A Celebration of Women Writers
This site is not about Romantic authors specifically, but is completely devoted to women writers of all genres and countries.
- Voice of the Shuttle: English Literature: Romantics
There is not one definitive site on Romanticism, so instead this Voice of the Shuttle page provides enough links for you to find what you are looking for.
Mary Shelley's Relatives
- Mary Wollstonecraft
One of the few sites completely dedicated to Mary Shelley's mother: Mary Wollstonecraft. It provides a biography, a bibliography with electronic texts as well as several reviews.
- Godwin Archive
A small web site with Godwin's biography, bibliography, commentary and even some graphics.
- The Poetry Archives: Percy Bysshe Shelley
A web site with electronic versions of nineteen of his poems.
Literary Works in Frankenstein
- The Poetry Archives: George Gordon, Lord Byron
A selection of his poetry can be found on this web site.
- Homer's Iliad and Odyssey
This excellent page provides ample information about these two famous classical works, including electronic texts.
- The Internet Classics Archive: The Iliad by Homer
The complete Iliad in electronic form, divided in its twenty-four books.
- Albertus Magnus
You can find some more information about Albertus Magnus in this entry in the occultopedia.
- The Milton-L Home Page
Self-described, this web site is devoted to "the life, literature and times of John Milton". It is actually the home of a John Milton discussion group. It provides archives of the group, as well as electronis texts, images and audio excerpts.
- MIT Shakespeare Ensemble - Shakespeare Links
A large collection of links on the Bard.
- Shakespeare Oxford Society
For a more scientific approach, this site by this Shakespeare Society is ideal. It provides articles, analyses and interviews with Shakespeare scholars. Also, this site is the home of The Ever Reader, the online magazine of the Shakespeare Oxford Society.
- TCG's Wordsworth Page
A page with information about the life and works of William Wordsworth.
- The Complete Poetical Works of William Wordsworth
The definitive page if you are looking for electronic versions Wordsworth's poems.